No, Vincent Tan. It is not only the Muslims who are unhappy - most non-Muslims are unhappy, too. We non-Muslims are with the Muslim groups asking the government to withdraw the betting licence.
Berikut di bawah adalah petikan dari MALAYSIAKINI komentar dari rakyat bukan Muslim yang juga membantah judi bola ini. Nak kena terjemahkan ke? "Kang bagi alasan mi no spik inglis" pulak kang
May 25, 10 8:10am
'No, Vincent Tan. It is not only the Muslims who are unhappy - most non-Muslims are unhappy, too. We non-Muslims are with the Muslim groups asking the government to withdraw the betting licence.'
All Malaysians, regardless of race and religion, must come together and condemn this issuance of sports betting licence to Vincent Tan for the sake of our society. Drugs and alcohol are already a major problem for our society. Gambling is as bad with empat ekor, slot machines clubs, horse racing, and casinos. They give false hope to the poor.
Instead of spending on their families, gamblers' money is spent on buying bets. Imagine if gambling was totally banned and the billions spent on gambling was thrown back into the economy. Then everyone gains instead of just benefiting a few cronies of the government.
Vincent Tan was reported as asking why these Muslims groups are unhappy when the government has made it clear that Muslims are not allowed to bet.
No, Vincent Tan. It is not only the Muslims who are unhappy - most non-Muslims are unhappy, too. No sane non-Muslim will support your argument. We non-Muslims are with the Muslim groups asking the government to withdraw the betting licence.
Pakatan Rakyat states can minimise this gambling ill by refusing to allow the issuance of trading licence by the municipal or local councils. This will force Vincent Tan's company to go online in Pakatan states.
Tan Che Wee:
This is serious issue, but betting is okay for non-Muslims. Even other issues are more important, such as drugs and Ah Longs, have not even solved. I agree that betting should be licenced, nothing wrong with that. It gains a lot of revenue.
Looi Hip Peu:
Perhaps some debunking of common myths are required:
1. 'Legalised gambling reduces illegal gaming and crime': Studies show that the opposite holds. Legalised gambling encourages people to gamble when they normally don't. It in fact gives impetus to the illegal gaming sector by promoting an expanded market;
2. 'Legalised gambling promotes the local economy': Again hogwash! Legalised gambling, especially when promoted amongst the local populace, is akin to economic cannibalism;
3. 'Legalised gambling is a significant source of revenue for the government': I really do not want to go into this... as perhaps most readers will be aware of the counter-arguments and spins on this issue.
Ja Min Ranjit:
There is no reason to license sports betting. Our youth should not be given the wrong impression. This government decision stinks. Look at the 4D betting operations. Gamblers now bet 4D on Kuda, Magnum and Toto.
Let these three companies operate and compete, but there should be only one result. Let these three companies rotate in organising the draw. Maybe Kuda on Wednesday, Magnum on Saturdays and Toto on Sundays. There should not be any more Tuesday special draws.
These draws are killing the hardcore punters, and it is not good for Malaysians. They're only filling up the government coffers.
A level-headed PM should know what to do, or else the rakyat should exert pressure on him through demonstrations. We are not only against betting licence, but also against the issuance of the licence without bidding. Keep up the pressure PAS, you have - I'm sure - 100 percent of Christian Malaysians' support.
I do not think a petition to the rulers will help. The BN only fears losing power. This issue transcends religion and race and should be supported by all Malaysians. A super mammoth rally of all groups should send the message to those that seek to benefit from the greed of the gamblers.
Only the fear of losing at the polls, however much they cheat, is the only way to get the message to the corrupt.
I bet the rulers will not intervene since Umno is spearheading this move to legalise sports gambling operations. I put my odds on 50 to 1 that the rulers will not intervene. I understand that the rulers are the defenders of the Muslim faith; but when faith and religion contradicts Umno's policies, then the rulers have to stay neutral.
PAS, go ahead, stop sports betting, which also means stopping interested parties from funding BN for the 13th general elections. We back your action.
Cerita Dolu Dolu
- ► 2013 (15)
- ► 2012 (121)
- ► 2011 (346)
May 23 - May 30
- Lebih Banyak Buku Tentang Islam Perlu Diterbitkan:...
- Malaysia tumpu wujudkan ekosistem halal
- Lesen judi sukan: Jais minta Khalid jangan serang
- Cabang PKR halang kemasukan ahli baru untuk kekal ...
- Pemandu Cadang Naik Harga Petrol 15 Sen, Diesel 10...
- Kekayaan 40 Individu Terkaya Malaysia Naik 42 Pera...
- KAJI SELIDIK FASAL SUBSIDI
- Malaysia Jimat RM103 bilion Jika Subsidi Dikurangk...
- Gol!, dan anda boleh jadi jutawan ! ! ! !
- BERHATI-HATI APABILA MEMANDU
- JAIS Diminta Nyatakan Pendirian Berhubung Isu Lese...
- Hapuskan Subsidi Secara Sistematik
- Cari salah BN amalan pembangkang
- Ichiro leads All-Star fan vote
- INI LAH SARAPAN AKU.... HE HE HE
- Jual AP Pengkhianat Negara - Tun M
- Remaja Rugi RM8 Juta Akibat Judi
- 'No, not just Muslims are against betting'
- Siasat dana masjid diseleweng
- Baru lepas balik singgah mana?
- Dua Lelaki Mengaku Bersalah Minum Arak Di Pahang
- JADUAL PROGRAM SURAU AL-HUSNA
- Intipati Kuliah Maghrib oleh Ust Badrulamin
- PAS Tidak Harap Lagi Bukan Islam PKR, DAP
- Kuliah Ugama oleh Ustaz Badrulamin Baharom
- Semoga Adun Parit Raja pulih sediakala
- ADUN Kerdau Kembali Kritikal
- ▼ May 23 - May 30 (27)
- ► 2009 (54)
- ► 2008 (13)
- ► 2007 (10)
- ► 2006 (18)
- ► 2005 (83)